100 free twitter followers
If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to see or hear it, did it really happen? The same question can be asked of Twitter about 100 free twitter followers; if no one is around to read or react to your tweet, did it really happen? The answer is…no.Twitter only works if people actually see your content and interact with it. If they don’t, you might as well be screaming into the wind for all the good it will do your company. Click To Tweet
Now, you might be thinking, that idea is all well and good, but getting people to read our tweets means getting new Twitter followers and that isn’t easy. You’re right. It’s not, but it’s not impossible either.
Twitter has 330 million monthly active users (MAUs), so there’s a lot of potentials there. In fact, 21% of American adults use the network—69 million people in the U.S.—so getting new 100 New Twitter followers for free shouldn’t be that difficult. We’re not saying it’s a piece of cake, or everyone would have thousands of followers, but with just a few tips and tricks, you can gain 100 new followers in just a few days. And maybe one day you’ll get to the list of most twitter followers.
Here are 10 way to gain 100 free twitter followers without paying a dime.
1. Identify Your Target Audience
The first step to getting more followers is to figure out your target audience. Who are they? What are they interested in? What problems do they have that you can solve? By researching your audience and answering thee questions, you’ll be able to more accurately target the users on Twitter who would be most interested in your content.
For example, once you know your audience is composed of executives in marketing, you can start figuring out how to reach them through Tweets, hashtags (#marketingstrategy, #socialmediamarketing, etc.), lists, and trending stories. It’s by knowing your audience that you know how to create content that gets 100 free twitter followers for free.
2. Share Great Tweets
As we explained above, your audience matters when it comes to creating content. If you tweet articles, images, videos, and links that your followers don’t care about, not only will you not get new followers, but you also risk losing your current followers. Instead, you need to be careful to only tweet content that is valuable to your audience. Think about what will inform, entertain, engage, and help. Also, you can learn how to schedule tweets to maximize reach and engagement.
What are great tweets?
- News: 74% of Twitter users use the network to get their news, so be sure to share the latest news from your industry.
- Customer Service: 85% of small- to medium-sized businesses claim that Twitter is important for customer service.
- Videos: Videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than photos and three times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with GIFs.
- Images: Tweets with image links have two times more engagement than tweets without image links.
- New & Interesting Things: The top reason that people visit Twitter is to “discover something new and interesting”.
3. Tweet Timely
If you’re looking to gain 100 new Twitter followers for free, it’s not enough to tweet great content, you have to tweet when people are reading it. This means tweeting based on when your audience is online.
Based on an analysis of 23 different studies collected together by CoSchedule, the best time to tweet is:
- Best Day: Wednesday
- Best Times: 12 PM, 3 PM, 5 PM, and 6 PM
- Tips: Twitter users are 181% more likely to be on Twitter during their commute and B2B Twitter accounts get 16% more engagement during business hours while B2C gets 17% more engagement on weekends.
In addition to tweeting at the right times, you also have to tweet the right amount. According to a study by LinchpinSEO, tweeting between one to five times per day will get you the best engagement. Too many tweets and you’ll annoy your followers, too few and your followers will forget about you. And, if you’re looking to gain 100 new Twitter followers for free, you need to make sure you have enough tweets online that your content can be found.
4. Write Your Tweets Carefully
You can have a great piece of content about marketing strategy, but if you write the tweet poorly, you won’t get any new followers from the tweet. Instead, think carefully before you write and follow these tips for the most engagement.
- Short Text: Tweets with fewer than 100 characters receive 17% higher engagement than longer tweets.
- Include Infographics: Infographic tweets are shared three times more often than any other image.
- Use Hashtags: Tweets with at least one hashtag receive 12.6% more engagement. In addition, hashtags make your tweets searchable for other users, which improves your Twitter SEO and can lead to more then 100 free twitter followers.
- Ask for Retweets: When you specifically ask for a retweet (“Please, retweet this!”), the retweet rate is 23x higher than average.
- Tag Influencers: If you want to get other brands and influencers interested in your Twitter account, give them a shout out with a tag. Tagging other brands can be a compliment, and is a popular way to show love within your industry. It also increases the likelihood that they’ll tag you back, sending their followers to your account.
5. Optimize Your Profile
Up to 15% of tweets are suspected to be bots, so the more your business can do to prove you’re human, the better. To get 100 new Twitter followers for free, you first have to demonstrate that your account is real.
- Use a clean and simple profile photo with your business logo or a headshot.
- Write your profile bio using a complete description of what you do, where you operate, and why your profile should be followed.
- Make it fun and give a hint of your company’s personality, so followers know you’ll be interesting and new.
6. Engage with Your Current Followers
Don’t focus your entire Twitter account just on promoting your brand, product, and ideas. This can turn off new followers and annoy existing ones. Instead, share content that adds value and don’t be afraid to continually engage with your followers.
Some ideas for engaging with your current followers include:
- Ask Questions: Ask questions that encourage your followers to give a response. People love to answer simple and fun questions, which leads to engagement and increased visibility for your tweets. Thus, more followers.
- Run Twitter Polls: You can also increase engagement by running a Twitter poll to ask a serious question about your industry, gain feedback, or just to get people talking.
- Reply to Tweets: You can engage with your followers, influencers, and other brands by replying to relevant tweets with your own idea or opinion. This puts your Twitter account in front of more people.
- Retweet Great Content: You don’t have to share only your own tweets. By retweeting your fans and followers, you can help to introduce yourself to new potential followers. Just look at this American Airlines rewteet of the Dallas Cowboys that received 1,300 likes and 166 retweets.
More Tips & Tricks for Gaining 100 New Twitter Followers for FreeWhat else can you do to gain more Twitter followers? There are dozens of ways to increase your engagement and visibility, but we’ll just cover a few more of our favorite ideas. Click To Tweet
- Follow More People: Research shows that there is a direct link between the number of people you follow and the number of people that follow you. Just be sure to follow people who are relevant to your industry.
- Look for Trends: Look for trending conversations on Twitter that you can jump in and join with a new idea or unique opinion. A great place to start is to set up a keyword search stream in your social media management dashboard. This is a great way to reach more people quickly.
- Promote Twitter Elsewhere: Don’t be afraid to promote your Twitter account on your website. In particular, you can make sure your blogs have a link to your Twitter. You can also promote Twitter on your other social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and more.
- Use Your Employees: Don’t underestimate the power of your own employees to help your tweets carry more weight. Encourage your staff to endorse your company message by retweeting, replying, and liking tweets.
Gaining 100 free twitter followers is within your reach as long as you know what you’re doing on Twitter. By following our 10 tips and tricks and using Commun.it for your Twitter management, you can discover how quickly your account can grow with just a little work.